Drunken Sailor Golden Pancake Recipe
Wanting golden, cafe-quality pancakes for breakfast without the cafe price tag? For those who have a sweet tooth, this simple pancake recipe will absolutely blow you away!
These pancakes are light, fluffy and gently enhanced with sweet vanilla essence. Paired with the unique combination of pineapple, coconut and rum, every bite is packed full of unforgettable flavour!
Treat yourself to a pancake stack for Saturday morning breakfast or mid-week dessert.
This recipe also calls for melted butter instead of egg, making these pancakes egg-free for those with egg allergies or other dietary requirements!
Tip: You can also pop these in the fridge and take them to work the next day.
1 cup self-raising flour
2 tbs caster sugar
1 tbs vanilla essence
3/4 cup milk
4 tbs butter (melted)
2 tbs butter (for frying)
Thickened cream or vanilla ice cream
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the milk, vanilla essence, sugar and butter.
2. Slowly sift in the flour until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
3. Over a medium heat, melt butter in a large frying pan and pour in the pancake mixture. Use about 1/4 cup of mixture for each pancake.
4. When you see large bubbles forming in the pancakes as they cook, flip them and continue to cook the other side until lightly golden. (The second side will generally cook faster than the first!)
5. Serve with a hearty dollop of Drunken Sailor Pineapple, Coconut & Rum Jam and a drizzle of thickened cream, or scoop of vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!